Young people passing out of various graduate and post graduate level academic programs and having no formal management education, require managerial skills when they join corporate and non-corporate sector, in order to excel during their formative years. The Executive Programme for Young Professionals is designed to provide such a group of young people with both perspective and skill in management and also equip them with critical inputs required to do well in select functional areas.
Today's professionals need applicable knowledge and skills to navigate their organizations through an ever-changing and dynamic global business environment
- Program Benefits
- Superior performance on the job
- Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills is designed to help build ability to compete with people with postgraduate diploma in management.
- Development of career.
- Program Directors
- Prof. Runa Sarkar
- Prof. Jacob D. Vakkayll
- Prof.R.Rajesh Babu
- Eligibility & Selection
Graduation with minimum 50% marks & 1 to 5 years of experience.
- Programme Duration & Schedule
The EPYP programme would be of 45 weeks.
The classes will be offered on Sundays 12:15 to 3:15 pm
The Programme Orientation will be conducted in June 2010
- Structure of the Programme
The EPYP is structured into two components:
Classroom Component:Through Interactive Onsite Learning Mode, spread over 45 weeks.
Campus Component:5 days
- Course Content
- Overview of core business functions – marketing, finance and control, operations and supply chain management and HR
- Understand the role and tasks of a manager and key managerial skills
- Managerial skills in select functional/job areas - one major and one minor areas to be selected by the participants out of the options given below
- Sales and Marketing
- Finance and Control
- Operations and Supply Chain Management.
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage the use of technology. It will consist of a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes and assignments. The sessions will be delivered on HughesNet Global Education interactive learning platform.
- Evaluation Methodology
Participants are evaluated on the basis of examinations. The programme involves four examinations:
- One general management paper
- Three specialization papers - One major and Two minor
Participants will be given any one of the following grades: “Excellent”; “Good”; “Average”; or, “Poor”. Participants getting not more than one “Poor” grades will get a certificate of successful completion of the programme and the grades will be mentioned on the reverse side of the certificate. Those getting more than one “Poor” grade will get only a certificate of participation in the programme and the grades will be mentioned on the reverse side of the certificate.
Poor grade is not allowed in the 'major subject'. No certificate will be awarded to participants failing in the major subject. Anyone getting a Poor grade will be allowed one extra chance to sit for the relevant examination with the next batch, and clear his/her grades. If s/he 'passes' in the second attempt, the evaluation sheet will mention that the grade awarded is a second-attempt grade. If s/he fails yet again, no certificate will be awarded.
In the 'major' specialization subject, it will be compulsory to have 80% attendance and above. If less, the grade awarded through examination will be downgraded by one grade.
- Alumni Status
India Institute of Management Calcutta will offer alumni status to the participants successfully completing the program.
- Important Dates
|Application Closure Date
||30th April 2010
|List of Selected Candidates Date
||20th May 2010
|Date of 1st Installment
||10th June 2010
|Date for 1st Class (on IOL)
|Programme End Date
- Programme Fees
||Rs. 1, 25,000/-
||Rs. 3, 125/-
||Fees Charged extra, payable in favour of IIMC
- Installment Details
||10th June 2010
||10th September 2010
- Application Forms
For application form, click here.
- Documents required for Application
1. All academic records (12th std mark sheet, Graduation & Post Graduation (if any) certificates)
2. Proof of Current Employment - Letter from Company or Latest Pay Slip
3. Statement of Purpose (in about 200 to 250 words)
4. Professional records or Experience certificates
5. One Passport size photo pasted on the application form